Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wastng time

So I am flying back to Tennessee in about 6 hours. Nathan has a mild fever and is resting. Poor guy. I can never sleep when I have to be up early for anything with a time deadline so I am of course sitting here trying to get tired so I can fall asleep for a few hours.

I started another Mohawk hat. I have an hour delay tomorrow and I don't want to be stuck with nothing to do. Its black and white striped. I am trying to enlist the no color jog stripe trick that I learned at Knittapalooza this year in Sally Melville's class on Stripes. I am not doing it right so far but I hope to get it by the end of the hat. I feel this is a good project to practice on since I am going to be covering the seam with a Mohawk anyway.

Speaking of Knittapalooza I need to remember to pay for next year assapple so I can get into Nicky Epstein's classes. I love her work. Still need to finish the Roses on my Rose bag. That should totally be done by now. Maybe that should be my goal for the week when I get home.

Goals for the week
Knit Roses for bag
Apply for Job
Start Classes
Clean room
Go through Stuff in Storage Shed
Finish current Mohawk hat

There thats pretty hefty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn Wade said...

Also if you are doing single round stripes there is this trick where you knit half of the stitches in one color and the other half in another color. Then as you knit you knit each stitch with the opposite color. For example, if you were knitting black and white stripes, you would knit with black yarn into each white stitch and white yarn into each black stitch.Essentially you are creating spirals so there are no jogs.

Anyway, the reason I stopped by was to let you know that we didn't make it to the Pirate's Tavern; we ate way too much at lunch and couldn't fit any more food in our bellies. We will check it out next time we visit Portland. Hope all is well. *robyn