Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
"Here's my list"
001. Grow hair out till the end of the 1001 days small trims for dead ends allowed but no more than 2 inches.
002. Plan a Wedding that doesn’t break the bank and still looks fabulous.
003. Move back to Virginia
004. Sew at least one item a month
005. Read at least one new book a month.
006. Knit all projects that I have already purchased yarn and patterns for
007. Learn to Screen Print like a pro
008. Learn to crochet a lot better
009. Crochet Amuragumi for friends
010. Knit Viking hats for god kids
011. Eat better with more veggies, fruits, and less junk.
012. Travel somewhere out of country
013. Learn to pin stripe
014. Throw a cocktail party.
015. Send letters of appreciation and love to Nathan at least once a month.
016. Get a Double Dutch group going
017. Learn to Double Dutch
018. Order custom tags for handmade items.
019. Go camping.
020. Get a full-time job.
021. Design a knitting pattern
022. Test Knit the designed pattern
023. Purchase from Stop Staring,Black Cherry Clothing, and Zombie Kitten
024. Submit the pattern to a knitting group/magazine
025. Do 1 sketch every day for 1 month.
026. Wear red lipstick every day for a month
027. Dress like a Harajuku girl for a month
028. Write pen pals and send small surprise once a month
029. Learn to style hair in a vintage style
030. Knit graffiti something
031. Organize files on computer
032. Sew a dress all by myself.
033. Make bath bombs.
034. Make marshmallows.
035. Build a piece of furniture from scratch.
037. Create an alias.
038. Bake all the cupcakes in the 75 vegan cupcakes book
039. Write everyone’s phone numbers down so when I kill my phone I actually have them
040. Sew a corset
041. Make a sock monkey.
042. Move into my own place.
043. Join a new SNB
044. Go to either: Rockabilly Weekender, Viva Las Vegas or Bonneville Speed Week
045. Take a picture of myself everyday for a month
046. Get a dog
047. Get tattoo
048. Get and install throwers for the car
049. Visit the zoo
050. Fix the passenger seat in the car by myself
051. Sew new upholstery for the car
052. Create a resume.
053. Get all the Knit 1 magazines
054. Build a small model-sized house out of matches -- then burn it down.
055. Learn to tie a bowtie.
056. Subscribe to Interweave Knits
057. get an IUD
058. Watch all 54 horror movies I got for my birthday and any other horror movies in my collection that I have not yet watched
059. Go to the drive-in.
061. Watch "The Wizard Of OZ" while listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon".
062. Re-establish Tanksylvainia
063. Add the new edition Bait’s Motel
064. Start as 401K
065. Start actively saving $30 a month (a least) in a no touch savings account
066. Get Married to my awesome boyfriend
067. Go apple-picking in the fall.
068. Make jam.
069. Burn all photos on computers to disk by interest (i.e. inspiration, family/friends etc)
070. Get a new degree
071. Graduate TCC
072. Learn how to design a website
073. Learn the lyrics to 4 rap songs efficiently enough to rap along. I'm so white.
074. Start and herb garden
075. Create & bury a time-capsule.
076. be more active in my online communities
077. Call family regularly
078. Write a thank you note for all gifts and kind gestures from people
079. Go streaking
080. Learn how to mix drinks well
081. See at least one band a month live
082. Go out dancing at least once a month
083. Go through all belongings and get rid of stuff
084. Sing in public (in a band, another person, karaoke, anything).
085. Make a 5 year plan with Nathan
086. Build a display case(s) for all Nathan’s loose WWF action figures
087. Watch all David Lynch movies.
088. Learn the US state capitols.
089. Get a new bed.
090. Get a free slurpiee on free slurpiee day (july 11)
091. Participate in another secret pal along
092. Host a mail along
093. Join a Mix tape group
094. Dress up as a hot dog and go tanning
095. Dress up as a hamster and go zorbing
096. Create faux fox stole from design to prototype
097. Put an entire paycheck into savings.
098. Transfer all my MP3 files to AAC for the sake of computer space or invest in a portable hard drive to hold just music.
099. Tell friends & family "I love you" regularly.
100. Embroider something once a month
101. Throw a day of the Dead party