So I have been totally lazy lately. I can't seem to get up the energy to do a good post on here between being sick recently, starting back at work and school I have been putting this on the back burner. So not good. So lets catch everyone up shall we.
I finished the news boy cap from the SnB nation book. Its really easy and fairly cute. I think the next time I make it I'll make the back a bit longer so I can install a snap and snap it down to the brim more like an actual news boy cap since... well mine kind of looks like an equestrian riding helemet more than a news boy cap. I still wear it and get compliments though.
Still working on jesse's scarf. I need to finish that. Sigh. I have a request for a beenie from my friend in Tulsa, Viet. So i need to make that. Finish my brother Paul's gloves while its still cold here and then I have to get going on a baby outfit for David. (Barbrah came in and gave me a copy of the cutest little baby outfit and I really have to make it). Then I have to get going on my stash since I'm starting to get a bit of a build up (I'm not a big collector of yarn or I try not to be...since I have no where to put it and I hate to waste it). So thats never good.
At work we got in new pattern books. I am doomed. And then there are these new yarns and all these other scrumptious things to look at that people bring in. For example a woman came in today to get help on a sweater she is doing (this is her first kniting project ever and she's starting with a sweater very brave) she had the most lovely looking yarn. It was Noro. It was black with a thread wrapping around it in rainbow vargation. Lovely. Although I often wonder if I'd like knitting with Noro since it always feels so course to me.
My car broke down this week. Lots of fun there. I hope it gets better soon cause well I love the clunker even if it is getting kind of worn around the edges. Ok very worn but still. So I get to drive the PT cruiser till it is repaired. This is nice since it's new and has a cd player. So I have been having fun rocking out in my car (think VH1's motormouth show).
School is going good. I love my art history class though that might change after the first test which is coming up next week. Gack! hehe. Yoga is great I totally missed doing it when wasn't. I'm not as flexible but I'll get back to where I was. I have been doing crunchies every now and then at home to try to help me get back in shape.
Speech class is easy but annoying because i have to go do all this planning and research. Blah on that. I think I can start knitting in his class though... which means I'll allow myself to not get frustrated with the research aspect of the class.
Photoshop is easy and fun too. Though I have to plan things around it since I don't have the Photoshop program they want. I have 7 and they want PS. Ya silly but what can ya do?
I'm sad because I don't think I'llbe able to finish my softie for this month and I was so close. I just don't have any time and its due on the 31st. Sigh. Poor softie.
Maybe I can get it done. We'll see.
I'm designing a picture for my friend Mike to paint on his car. He wants a pin up riding a bomb (big WWII history fan). So that should be fun.
I have the Valentines all designed and ready to be printed at Kinko's so I need to go do that... maybe tomorrow so I can get them in the mail monday.
I got my Secret Pal. Super exciting. Looking forward to getting to know her. She seems really cool. And I got contacted by my Secret Pal. She seems really nice. She also does Yoga. So two new friends. Very exciting.
For the secret pal and incase you were curious
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I really don't mind any yarn as long and its long enough to knit I will be most enthusiastic to use it.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I am trying to crochet (I love the patterns) one day I'll master it.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)no allergies
4. How long have you been knitting? I learned when I was 8. But I only became addicted to it (as in can't stop knitting if I tried) a year.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no not yet.
6. What's your favorite scent? good smeeling ones.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh my gosh yes. I love love love candy and fruits.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? sewing, embrodery, painting, drawing, ect..
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? I like most everything. Some of my favorites are Old country like hank williams, patsy cline, yada yada, punk, hardcore, jazz, rockabilly, 80's, ... it just keeps going.
10. What's your favorite color? purple, any shade. but I don't wear it very often
11. What is your family situation? I live with them long time.
12. What are your life dreams? to become an art historian and work in a museum.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? the one/s that I can get my hands on.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I can't say i absolutely dislike anything.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? cables... I don't know why they frustrate the hell out of me but every pattern I pick up recently has cables in them.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? the ones that make me want to knit all night long
17. What are you knitting right now? a scarf, a pair of gloves, a baby out fit and the bike bag from the new vogue
18. What do you think about ponchos? not a big fan. caplets are cute ponchos are genrally not.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? straight. circs always get me.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I actually really like aluminum. then wood and lastly plastic. I don't like plastic needles.
21. Are you a sock knitter? i haven't knit any yet so I'm not sure. though I have had my eye on a sock book at work.
22. How did you learn to knit? My Omi (grandmother) and mom taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? a few months. The dread Dr. montiville's double helix scarf.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I have lots of favorite animated charaters (i love cartoons) my favorite animal are frogs and hippos. Love em don't know why.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween. No doubt. Candy,costumes, and cheesy horror. right up my alley
26. Is there anything that you collect? metal lunch boxes and containers, license plates, pulp comics and romance comics, old vintage clothing, cute kitch items.