Wednesday, December 10, 2008

so close to the end

Wow! Its hard to believe the year is almost up.

This past fall semester took my by storm and I am just now recovering. I've had a lot of good things happen with my art and craft though. I've sold or traded some of my paintings and am really happy with the direction of my work for once. I can't wait to start some new work after I get back from my parents home after the holidays.

I made a knife bag for my current beau, Joe, a culinary arts student. Its gotten a lot of good response and it sounds like I'll have a commission for another for a woman he knows from culinary school which is flattering and exciting. I hope it happens but I am not to worried about it if it doesn't.

I am finishing up some back logged knitting projects namely a rasta hat and some gloves for my roommate. Jen. The hats about half done and should be finished by the end of the weekend. I am hoping to get it and the gloves done before we both go ur separate ways for the holidays. After the holidays we are parting again as she'll be moving back to the craft center and my friend Sophie will be moving in with me.

Nathan and I separated during the middle of the semester. We are both in good standing with one another and keep in contact. His photography is really taking off and I am very proud of him. www.nathannovakphotography.com is his wedding photography site if your interested to see his work. It is about to be updated soon so keep checking back to see his latest work.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I've been decorating with paper snowflakes and twinkle lights in the window. Since I am at Joe's more than my place we got a small rosemary tree so he can cook with it all year round. Its currently decorated with red bulbs and silver beaded garland. I am about to make a secret family recipe for a german cookie that I absolutely adore which is traditionally made around the holidays.

No comments: