Tuesday, December 23, 2008

knit to decrease another day

So far since I've made it to Ohio for the holidays all I have done is read and knit, watch movies, knit and read. Not all that interesting really but its nice to do something that is almost completely stress free.

So far in the past 3 days I have read the first installment to the Sisters Grimm, Coraline, some romantic novel about faeries, worked on finishing Crime and Punishment, and started the Gideon Trilogy. I have also watched the new bond film <3, the Saint, Stranger than Fiction, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, part of Speed Racer the movie, and the third Pirates of the Caribbean Movie.

Martina has been my constant companion through all of this. She has finally resolved her lace issues to lead me head long into a decreasing mistake. I decreased and decreased and decreased but some how did not decrease correctly or enough so I have ripped back once again. Happily not the beginning of the lace, though that isn't very far from where I am, merely to the place I assume I went wrong in decreasing. I don't allow myself to work on it when I am tired or occupied by persistent distractions so reworking things is going a bit slow. But I am enjoying knitting again despite the ringers Martina is putting me through.

I am looking for a sweater to knit out of a bright kelly green I have come to own. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

No comments: